Making the Most of Your Visit in Petrosains, The Discovery Centre
A visit to the science centre exposes us to many forms of experiences that inspire and excite your senses. You won?t be at a loss for things to do!
Besides the daily science shows, there are also mini science shows and workshops that you can participate. Worksheets are also available for selected galleries and exhibits. All you need to do is download and prepare yourself before the visit.
Downloads & Worksheets
The worksheets are available to download for free and they are suitable for everyone. It is more effective if done with parental or teacher’s guidance.
How Fast Can I Flow?
Is Oil From Dead Dinosaurs?
Black Holes & Gravity
Sun – Plasma Connection
Spin Fast, Spin Slow
Thermal Infrared Imaging
BATAK Reaction Tester
- Review the keywords in the worksheets – this is to allow familiarization of worksheets and concepts.
- Worksheets of a particular gallery do not have to be followed in a strict order.
- Make sure you and your students are prepared with pencils and/or clipboards.
- Photocopy enough worksheets for your group in advance. Worksheets are not available from the science centre.
- Divide students into smaller groups and identify worksheet(s) each group has to do.
- It is not necessary to complete all worksheets available as we do want everyone to have an enjoyable time. Be selective.
During the Visit
Help and guide your group.
After the Visit
You may want to have a discussion about the worksheet and integrate it to a class project or curriculum.